Saturday 23 May 2009

Worry

The prompt from Sunday Scribblings for this week is entitled "Worry"... so here goes.

At the moment there are a lot of things on my mind which give me cause to worry. The first and foremost being that I simply don't devote enough time to God, I mean I try but I always find something else to get in the way. The second worry is that since I started my new job, I don't seem to have enough time to spend with my wonderful husband Richard, he says he understands but I feel as if our relationship is going down the pan. My third worry is connected to the second in that I don't ever seem to have enough "me time", the house is a mess, the garden is neglected and the animals well if I see them at all I'm lucky, my friends who are they? It all feels as if its getting to be too much and then I worry that if I give it all up we won't be able to survive, what with the mortgage, the bills and all the other things we need to spend money on.

I suppose that this could seem a little self- centred but its not meant that way at all, I do worry about my family both close and far away, I worry about the state of our planet, the many crises that occur on a daily basis and I wish that I could spend longer trying to do something to help everybody and everything. But I know that I'm only human, I have limitations and perhaps I should spend time trying to sort out the things in my own garden so to speak before trying to help anyone else.

2 comments:

  1. worry about self is the beginnin to sortin the rest of worries.
    just like if you dont love you , no one else would and you wont b able to do either!!

    hang in there!
    we all are worrisome!
    and that is a good thing!

    we need to fight it!
    and not get used to it!

    Happy SS

    http://whenhekissesher.wordpress.com/2009/05/22/i-worry-for-her/

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't worry about being self-centered. sometimes you really need to center yourself in order to deal with other things!

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails