Saturday 18 April 2009

Language

Language

This weeks Sunday Scribblings offering

If we did not have language where would we be?

If we could not communicate what would we do?

Language to me is a beautiful thing, a wonderful tool, an amazing form of communication. Each and every one of us has the capacity to use it in what ever form we choose. All over the world people are using language to make sentient points and discover new things. It is one of the combining factors that all of humanity share.

Language takes on many forms and each form has an essential uniqueness that sets it apart from another, some are easy to learn whilst others take a lot of time and effort. I myself would love to be fluent in Italian, but I only know a smattering. Is this because its too hard? or because in my busy life I just cannot be bothered? I think the later is right.

Learning process
Angrily Shouting
New words finding form
Gutteral utterings
Uniqueness at every turn
Absolutely Amazing
Gabbling fast
Evidenced through history

3 comments:

  1. Phew, I like the way you really pare your poetry down to the bone.

    The American Sandwich

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would also love to speak Italian...it's such a beautiful sounding language. Your poem was very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you've made me think... thank you.

    ReplyDelete

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails