Monday 20 April 2009

My Garden

31 years ago, I lived in the house I do now, back then it was pink, now it's red and white.
The garden seemed so huge with its beautiful lawn, trailing roses, vegetable patch and apple trees. Today it seems just as big although structurally I've changed it. Now my garden has a pond, a Brambly and 2 Quince trees, an extensive collection of Ferns and the vegetable patch well that's slightly smaller than it was all those years ago.

When I returned back to my childhood home 5 years ago the garden was still as large as I remembered, but all the structure, love and care seemed to have gone. I was devastated as I wondered where to place the washing line gazing out upon an expansive sea of brambles. Slowly Richard and I began to clear the garden and as the days turned from weeks to months, some of the original beauty began to shine through. Peony's reappeared amongst the weeds, bluebells in the hundreds emerged in the gloom, gooseberry's climbed to reach the light and abundant roses shone through in all their splendor.

Today new things keep emerging like the Lilly of the Valley only discovered last week and these beautiful delicate pink plants, the Rhododendron flowered for the first time in two years. I believe that there is an angel walking through my garden, who tends and cares, ensuring that the new surprises keep on coming to make it a joyful, calm and happy place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails